The key factors in a successful asbestos abatement and remediation project are management, communication and control. Asbestos is a known carcinogen linked to Asbestosis, Mesothelioma and Lung Cancer. Asbestos was widely used because of its resistance to burning, corrosion, and electrical conductivity and its ability to provide increased strength and durability when mixed with other materials. Invictus Contracting Corp. has a staff of trained and licensed professionals using the most up-to-date techniques to ensure a safe and cost-effective project. Our extensive experience working with asbestos enables us to provide realistic solutions associated with the removal or encapsulation of asbestos whenever it may be discovered.
- Interior demolition and cleaning
- Emergency containments
- Estimates and consulting services
- Coordination for asbestos identification and post-remediation clearances
- Adherence to federal, state, and local regulations
1. Evaluate the space of removal and design the process
2. Notify DOL & DEP when required
3. Work with supervisor to pick the appropriate skilled crew for the project
4. Safety meeting and documentation prior to start
5. Set critical seals as appropriate over windows doors and HVAC system
6. Set up decontamination chambers and negative pressure equipment
7. Wet materials to be removed
8. Monitor a percentage of employees with personal air pumps
9. Hand remove or mechanical strip asbestos materials as appropriate
10. Bag and seal waste for transport
11. Detail clean work area including HEPA vacuuming and turn over for clearance testing
12. With favorable results – teardown containment – clean and return to owner for rebuild
- Too much mold can deteriorate surfaces, causing building damage and allergic reactions and illness in humans. A variety of events including fire, flooding, water damage, poor ventilation & air circulation can contribute to health concerns
- Lead-based paint (pre-1978). It may have been used both inside and outside of a home and on furniture or objects in the home. Children may eat paint chips or chew on the surfaces of cribs, highchairs, windows, woodwork, walls, doors, or railings.
- Lead-contaminated soil. Lead may be in the soil where children play, especially near busy roadways or factories. The lead from gasoline used for many years has settled onto soil and is difficult to remove. This soil may also be tracked inside on shoes and clothing.
- Lead-contaminated dust from paint or soil. It clings to windowsills, floors, doorways and children’s toys, and is dangerous to young children who crawl and often put their hands and other objects in their mouths.
Insulation and Fire Proofing
Fireproofing materials are often applied to exposed surfaces of structural steel and even reinforced concrete members in order to preserve and protect the structure. Our team of experts understand fireproofing requirements, various product performance characteristics, and the proper installation and quality control procedures that can insure performance while minimizing cost. Our reputation for quality and value are the results of product knowledge, experience, and stringent technical guidelines and project-specific quality control processes.
These standards, our experience, a skilled trades training program, and an industry-leading safety program instill confidence in clients looking for durable, economic, and quality solutions for their infrastructure fireproofing needs.
Our team of specialty contractors and craftsmen have extensive experience applying a wide range of fireproofing materials and systems, including:
- Concrete Encapsulation
- Fixed Water Spray Systems
- Intumescent Epoxy Coatings
- Spray-applied Fire Resistive Materials (SFRM)
- Subliming, Intumescent, and Ablative Mastics
- Lightweight Castable Cementitious Products
- Pre-formed Inorganic Panels or Masonry
- Endothermic Wraps
- Invictus Contracting Corp. is fully licensed and equipped to offer you a complete range of commercial, industrial and residential demolition services. We have both the technical expertise and means to handle all jobs, big or small
Our Areas of Expertise
- Asbestos Removal
- Lead Abatement
- Demolition Services
- Mold Remediation
- Insulation and Fire Proofing
24-Hour Emergency Service Asbestos Abatement Demolition Fireproofing Geoprobe Services Hazardous Waste Management HVAC Duct Cleaning Insulation Intumescent Lead Abatement Mold Removal/Drying Services Soil Remediation